Re: stride

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008, Mag Gam wrote:
consider anything special, something like -O dir_index? I am looking for
peek performance.

Depends on how many files, directories, small/big files, reads/writes...etc.

There are various benchmarks and tuning hints for ext3 around, but if you want peak performance, you're better off testing *your* application with different mkfs/mount options and see what's best for *you*.

my 2 cents,
C.
--
BOFH excuse #391:

We already sent around a notice about that.