Re: inode and filesystem question

Thanks Bruno. Thats exactly what I was asking.

Some people got angry at me for asking here since its a "basic" Unix question.  Sorry about that

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno wolff to> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 07:39:55 -0400,
 Mag Gam <magawake gmail com> wrote:
> Well, I guess this is more for a theoretical question. How the filename is
> determined if its not in the inode.

Filenames are matched to inodes in the directory blocks. (I am assuming
that's the question you meant to ask. The phrasing of your question is a bit
odd and you may have really been asking a different question.)