Unable to change the 'name' field from 'ext3_dir_entry_2' structure.

Hello everybody,

I am trying to rename the file/directory by renaming the 'name' field from ext3_dir_entry_2 structure.

I can easily do it for directories.

I am reading the structure then I change this field, and writing it back as it is.

New file name length will be similar as the old(just for simplicity).

But whenever I do this for file. It doesn't do any thing.

'write' sys call gets execute properly. Next time if I read dir entry for this file it shows me older one.

Am I doing anything wrong?

      Chat on a cool, new interface. No download required. Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php