Re: ext3 file system I/O blocks until reboot

Probably too late anyway, but:

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008, Robert Davidson wrote:
The "kjournald" process also got stuck in the "D" state.

Did you try a SysReq-w to show all blocked tasks? OR even -d, or -t. You mentioned /var/log was on a different filesystem, so this information might make it to the disks. If not, your serial console should catch it. Maybe then we'll find out *why* these process are in "D" state.

Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #25:

Decreasing electron flux