Re: about tune2fs

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009, Jordi Prats wrote:
> In which cases using tune2fs should I unmount the filesystem?

The manpage mentions that when creating an ext3 journal there's a
difference (.journal file vs. internal inode). All other options should be
safe to alter with the filesystem mounted. However personally I'd
recommend to unmount (any) fileystem first before tuning it - if possible.

Christian.
--
Crytanalysis doesn't break cryptosystems. Bruce Schneier breaks cryptosystems.