Re: [Jfs-discussion] benchmark results

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 at 11:33, tytso mit edu wrote:
> caches, though; if you are going to measure read as well as writes,
> then you'll probably want to do something like "echo 3 >
> /proc/sys/vm/drop-caches".

Thanks for the hint, I could find sys/vm/drop-caches documented in
Documentation/ but it's good to know there's a way to flush all these
caces via this knob. Maybe I should add this to those "genric" tests to be
more comparable to the other benchmarks.

Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #210:

We didn't pay the Internet bill and it's been cut off.