Re: Questions regarding journal replay

* Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf Hildebrandt charite de>:
> * Curtis Doty <Curtis GreenKey net>:
> > Yesterday Ralf Hildebrandt said:
> >
> >> The journal replay too quite a while. About 800 seconds.
> >>

> > Were there any other background iops on the underlying volume
> > devices? Like maybe raid reconstruction?
>
> I don't think so. The machine never powered off...

Again, 2.6.28.7 failed us and now we're encountering another journal
replay. Taking ages. This sucks.

Questions:

How can I find out (during normal operation) HOW MUCH of the
journal is actually in use?

How can I resize the journal to be smaller, thus making a journal
replay faster?

--
Ralf Hildebrandt                                Ralf Hildebrandt charite de
Charite - Universitätsmedizin Berlin            Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155