Re: dumpe2fs and external journal: Illegal inode number while reading journal inode

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 06:20:36PM +0100, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> I created an ext4 fs with an external journal.
> I wanted to check how big the journal was, and tried:
>
> # dumpe2fs -h /dev/mapper/volg1-logv1
> Journal backup:           inode blocks
> dumpe2fs: Illegal inode number while reading journal inode

This bug was fixed in e2fsprogs 1.41.4.  (By commenting out the code
that printed the journal size; I was in a hurry to get 1.41.4 out the
door.)

You can get the size of an exernal journal by running dumpe2fs on the
external journal.

						- Ted