Re: Recommended max. limit of number of files per directory?

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Christian Kujau <lists nerdbynature de> wrote:
> http://nerdbynature.de/bench/sid/2009-03-26/di-b.log.txt
> http://nerdbynature.de/bench/sid/2009-03-26/
> (dmesg, .config, JFS oops, benchmark script)

Apparently ext3 start to suck when files > 1000000. Not bad in fact,

I will try to run your script on my server for a comparison.

Also I might try to measure the random read time when many directories
containing many files. But I want to know:

If I am writing  a script to do such testing, what step is needed to
prevent stuffs such as OS caching effect (not sure if it is the right
name), so I can arrive a fair testing ?

Thanks.