Re: Ext3 corruption using cluster

On Thu, 7 May 2009, Stefano Cislaghi wrote:
> During a normal switch, operations done are:
> - oracle shutdown abort
> - oracle listernet shutdown
> - umount fs (using  umount -l )

I'm not all too Oracle cluster savvy, but this lazy umount looks
kinda suspicious. From the manpage:

   > Detach the filesystem from the filesystem hierarchy now, and cleanup
   > all references to the filesystem as soon as it is not busy anymore

My wild guess: node1 has been shut down, did a lazy umount, so that
node2 could mount it but node1 was still writing to the fs (i.e. it was
still in use)?

Christian.
--
Bruce Schneier's first program was encrypt world.