Re: cannot mount ext3 boot partition as r/w since 2.6.30

On Thu, 21 May 2009, Nicolas KOWALSKI wrote:
> Is the tune2fs -o journal_data_ordered option still available for
> specifying journalling mode?

This option is still present in e2fsprogs and can be used for ext3 and
ext4 alike. As I understand it, the data ordering mode only defaults to
"data=writeback" but can be changed via bootoptions or tune2fs.

> BTW, is there is link/page somewhere explaining why the ordered mode
> is now being deprecated?

There were quite a few discussion on the ext4 list and on lkml too and
eventually it had been decided to default to data=writeback:

When Bruce Schneier reads from his entropy pool the universe contracts