Re: a question on mount count and maximum mount count

On Sat, 30 May 2009, lakshmi pathi wrote:
> If I need to know ,how many times the system has been rebooted , Shall
> I use mount count value (tune2fs -l )?

Well, you *could* use this command, at least for the root filesystem, as
this usually only gets mounted during boot, but:

> What happens after that ,is mount count value reset back to 0 ?

Yes, the counter is reset, so a batter way to find out how many times
a system has been rebooted would be the last(1) command. Use "last reboot"
to find out about the system's reboots.

Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #245:

The Borg tried to assimilate your system. Resistance is futile.