best file system performance analysis tool ?

Peter Grandi pg_ext3 at ext3.for.sabi.co.UK
Sat Nov 21 22:20:05 UTC 2009

> Hi , Could please redirect me to few of the best file system
> analysis tool available in open source community. [ ... ]

Most such tools are not very good, and anyhow it seems really
difficult for most people who do storage performance testing to
use them properly, as many "benchmarks" I see are mostly
meaningless.

However, used properly, FIO and Bonnie 1.4 can return useful
results. For various reasons tools like Bonnie++ and IOzone are
of dubious value.

BTW, in general the first place where to look for GNU/Linux
tools is the freshmeat.net database...