Re: ext3 filesystems - changes ??

On 04/12/2010 10:03 PM, Jeremy Dawson wrote:

I hope this is a suitable forum for this question.

I have RedHat9 installed on one partition.

I have just installed Ubuntu 9.10 on another partition. When I had a choice in the installation procedure, I chose ext3 (since I understood that the RedHat partitions are ext3).

Now I can mount the RedHat9 partitions from ubuntu, but trying to mount the Ubuntu partitions from RedHat produces an uninformative error message.

Why could this be ? Are there different variants of ext3 ?

Thanks for any help

Jeremy

You should probably try to use a much more recent distribution - that sounds quite ancient.

Fedora12 for example will give you something familiar for a Red Hat user and more choices :-)

ric