Inode 196617 has imagic flag set

This is stopping my new Centos 5.5 installation from booting.

I have dropped into maintainance mode and run e2fsck without getting any errors. I used the -c option, and no bad blocks were found.

I've run another disk checker program called Vivard, from the Ultimate Boot CD disk. That completed without any errors as well.

So this is a mystery why I get this error at boot time.

Any ideas what's happening please?

Where can I find out more about ext3, such as inodes, dtime and imagic flag?

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

in practice they are not.