Invalid superblock after e2fsck

Hi all,

I'm trying to fix a 7.5Tb ext3 filesystem using e2fsck on a x86_64
machine with plenty of memory ram. The filesystem is corrupted, but I
can mount it.

Before starting the filesystem check, I did a LVM snapshot to be able to
start it again from the same point in case of error.

After 12 hours checking the filesystem, I got this error message:

Pass 1: Memory used: 268k/18014398508105072k (59k/210k), time:
65673.66/1550.92/1371.06
Pass 1: I/O read: 253456MB, write: 23885MB, rate: 4.22MB/s
Restarting e2fsck from the beginning...
e2fsck: Superblock invalid, trying backup blocks...
e2fsck: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to
open /dev/storage/cabina_snapshot

Once I saw this message, my first thought was that e2fsck didn't manage
to fix the filesystem and it corrupted the superblock. To be sure I
dumped the entire block and compared it against the original superblock.
Doing that I realized that the entire superblock only contained zeros.

Any ideas of what can I do?

Thanks you very much.

--
  Albert Sellarès        GPG id: 0x13053FFE
  http://www.wekk.net    whats jabber org