Re: Invalid superblock after e2fsck

On 2/21/2010 3:51 AM, Albert Sellarès wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to fix a 7.5Tb ext3 filesystem using e2fsck on a x86_64
machine with plenty of memory ram. The filesystem is corrupted, but I
can mount it.

What partition table format are you using? I sure hope
it's not msdos. If it is your problem might be caused by
this. I once had similar problems. I was able to replace
the msdos table with a GPT table, and then use the
gparted 'rescue' command to recover without loosing
a single bit of data.

Cordially,
--
Jon Forrest