Re: Is my data checksummed?

Thanks a lot for all the responses.

Ric Wheeler wrote:
On 02/21/2010 09:41 PM, tytso mit edu wrote:
If you use disks that support the Data Integrity Field (DIF)
extension, Linux will use it to provide end-to-end data checksum
support.  Otherwise, there are checksums on the disk and between disk
controller and the CPU, but those are obviously not end-to-end
checksums.

Just to be clear, even with a storage path that supports DIF/DIX, we don't currently do anything for applications on top of file systems. The primary application to target storage path is covered mainly for raw devices.

Sorry Ric,

The last sentence loses me.  I mean, I know what raw devices are! :)
Would you please elaborate a little.

Reza.