Re: problems with large directories?

--On 9 March 2010 01:14:40 -0800 Christian Kujau <lists nerdbynature de> wrote:

> Finally, remember that ext2/3 has a limit of 32000 or so files per dir.
My IMAP spool suggests this is false w.r.t. ext3

Did you use any special options when creating this ext3 filesystem? I've
just tried but was only able to create 31998 directories in one directory.

As Ted pointed out off list, the limit is the number of subdirectories
in a directory, not the number of files in a directory.

--
Alex Bligh