fstab Pass Column and forced disk checks

If I have the 6th column in fstab (the pass column) set to 0, does that mean disk checks will never be forced at boot regardless of anything like File System State, Mount Count, and Check Interval on the file system itself, or are there exceptions to this?

I know `man fstab` says:
If the sixth field is not present or zero, a value of zero is returned and fsck will assume that the filesystem does not need to be checked.

But I wasn't sure if the fsck might be triggered in other ways during boot.

Thank you,
Kyle Brandt
http://www.kbrandt.com