Re: Ext4 File System: newbee question

On 2010-03-16, at 14:43, MirJafar Ali wrote:
I have installed Ubuntu 9.10 and it has ext4 filesystem. I have one very elementary question. When I say my filesystem is "ext4", which directories are part of it. I mean from the root I can see some directories such as /proc, /tmp, /dev etc. Are they store on the disk which have formatted with ext4, of certain files resides somewhere else.

I am only sure only about /home directory because I keep my disk mobile and data goes with me all the time.

Please run "mount" and "df", which show the mountpoints for each filesystem.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger
Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group