Re: How to generate a large file allocating space

 On 11/02/2010 04:01 AM, Alex Bligh wrote:
On 2 Nov 2010, at 03:21, Andreas Dilger<adilger kernel dilger ca>  wrote:

Actually, I think Ceph has a network block-device feature (recently submitted/committed to mainline), and Lustre has a prototype block-device feature as well.
Unfortunately I need something not prototype. Fortunately I don't need many of lustre's or ceph's features.

Sounds like you will end up writing something brand new - much less stable than any of the options mentioned in the thread previously.

Ric