Re: How to generate a large file allocating space

--On 31 October 2010 19:46:09 +0100 Matija Nalis <mnalis-ml voyager hr> wrote:

Sorry, I don't. debugfs(8) only appears to have read-only support for
reading extents, and not for (re-)writing them, so I guess you'll have to
find some function in libext2fs if it exists (or write your own if it
doesn't) to use on unmounted fs.

Yes. I need to iterate through the extents. debugfs does that but I don't
know how to change the flag or (more relevantly) whether it is safe to do
so.

--
Alex Bligh