Re: How to mount ext3 root partition with noatime and ro options at boot-time

So, if you mount the system ro, then why do you even need noatime -- since atime can't be updated at all if you're not writing to the filesystem.

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Christian Kujau <lists nerdbynature de> wrote:
On Mon, 16 May 2011 at 18:42, Amey wrote:
>         I was trying to mount root-partition which is ext3 partition with
> noatime and ro option. I included "ro" in the kernel command line  But for
> mounting it with "noatime" option when I searched for some solution I came

Use tune2fs(8) to set default mount options for this partition. Or use the
"rootflags=" bootparameter, e.g. rootflags=noatime,ro for setting noatime
& readonly for the root filesystem.

HTH,
Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #110:

The rolling stones concert down the road caused a brown out