Proper stride and stripe-width for RAID 50

Hello,

I've been looking around, but can't seem to find an authoritative statement on setting stride and stripe-width for RAID 50 (i.e. a RAID 0 over multiple RAID 5s)

Based on my understanding of what stride and stripe-width set, it seems to me that it should be calculated the same as it would be if there were no multiple-level RAIDing involved.  For example, given a RAID 50 made up of two 3+1 RAID 5s striped together (so 8 disks total) with a 512k chunk size and 4k block size, the stride should be 128 (512 / 4) and the stripe-width should be 768 (stride * 6 data disks).  These settings should work equally well whether the two RAID 5s are striped together or just appended one after the other via LVM.

Is my reasoning correct?

David