Re: Strange fsck.ext3 behavior - infinite loop

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 12:07:22PM -0600, Andreas Dilger wrote:

> > [root myhost /]# mkfs.ext3 /dev/sda1
> > mke2fs 1.35 (28-Feb-2004)
>
> First thing I would suggest is to update to a newer version of e2fsprogs, since this one is 9+ years old and that is a lot of
> water under the bridge.

That's definitely good advice, but even with e2fsprogs 1.35, if e2fsck
-f is finding errors when run immediately after running mke2fs, it
would make me suspect the storage device.

Are you sure the RAID controller (is this a hw raid, or software raid)
is working correctly?

					- Ted