removing external journal

Hi,

I have a system with an ext4 filesystem with its journal on an other
device (an SSD).
Now this SSD dropped of the sata bus so the filesystem went r/o.
I would like to remove the journal but it says it can't because
needs_check is set. I can't run fsck because the journal is not
reachable. Is there any way to solve this? I understand I lost any
pending changes in the journal.

regards

--
www.vanheusden.com