Re: ext4 and extremely slow filesystem traversal

On 13/03/2013 22:29, Peter Grandi wrote:
>> > It also has 0 reserved blocks.
> That's usually a truly terrible setting (20% is a much better
> value), but your filesystem is not very full anyhow.

  This filesystem has no file owned by root and won't have any. I
thought in this case -m0 would be a good idea.

  Thanks a lot for your detailed insight on the various performance
figures, I didn't do the proper math to realize that this inode reading
rate was actually *good*.

  Fortunately the client is technically savvy, and pointing him at this
mailing-list thread will help make him the right decision.