Re: File System corruption tool

On 01/18/2014 07:13 AM, Lakshmipathi.G wrote:
Hi -

I'm searching for file system corruption tool, say it inject disk-errors like
multiply owned blocks etc. Later an integrity scan process (like e2fsck) will
verify on-disk layout and fix these errors.

I'd like to read/understand such tools before writing one for an proprietary
on-disk file system.

Do we have such tools for ext{2,3,4}fs ? Thanks for any help or pointers!

For s-ata drives, you can use hdparm to create a bad sector that will cause an IO error on read. (Write will fix it)

Ric