how to know ext cache hit rate?

fsluck linuxluck at 163.com
Tue Mar 4 02:16:01 UTC 2014

virtualization is to make best use of resources,memory and disk over-providing. so i guess cache hit rate is very low in such case,because cache is very small and vm's disk is very large.

im virtualization environment , my original idea is to cache part of backing file into memory(for example 1G as cache), all vms that use that backing file can access cache directly and performance improved.
do you have a idea?