more PO files available at the TP

Benno Schulenberg bensberg at justemail.net
Thu May 29 08:15:27 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 29, 2014, at 8:33, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> It seems to me that if a message catalog has only 5% of the messages
> translated, including them is very likely to result in a poorer user
> experience than if everything was left in English.

When it's just five percent, yes, that may be more of a nuisance
than a help.  But when it's ten to twenty percent, and when it's
the entire part of the program that the average user gets to see,
then it can be quite useful.

For Esperanto I have tried to do that: the average user of e2fsck
would see all of its messages translated.

However, even if I had fully translated the POT file, some things
would still be untranslated.  The entire output of 'tune2fs -l <dev>'
is always in English -- lib/e2p/ls.c is lacking gettextization.  And
here and there in other files several messages haven't been gettextized
either.  Over the past years I have sent you several patches for these,
but none of them seem to have reached you.

Regards,

Benno

                          love email again