[fab] Split Fedora-Announce-List

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Apr 17 18:47:19 UTC 2006

Fedora-announce-list is broken and difficult to read.  We currently post
the important announcements on that list, but those are drown out by the
very numerous package update announcements that happen on the same list.

In order to fix this situation, I propose that we split
fedora-announce-list in this way.

fedora-announce-list
	Announcements of the general Fedora Project go here.  Relatively low
traffic and no extraneous noise.

fedora-updates-3
fedora-updates-4
fedora-updates-5
	Distribution specific mailing lists for all package update
announcements.  If you use FC4, you subscribe to that list and receive
notifications from Core, Extras and eventually Legacy specific to that
distribution.  When Core + Extras + Legacy eventually merge into a
single project, announcements continue going to the distro specific lists.

Thoughts?

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com