[fab] Split Fedora-Announce-List

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Mon Apr 17 18:58:39 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram (sundaram at fedoraproject.org) said:
> > We already use mailman categories for each release; users already have
> > the option to only see what they want.
>
> I dont think many people have a clue on what mailman categories are and
> how to use them.

Opportunities for education. I think the overhead of having to
continually create and maintain different mailing lists (and
point all the update announcements at different places per release,
etc.) isn't worth it.

We could go down the RHN route.... most general package updates
aren't announced, and data is pulled from the update tool. How's
that advisory-in-pup work going?

Bill