[fab] project hosting?

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Wed Apr 19 15:10:20 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 11:00 -0400, Max Spevack wrote:

> The realistic decision that must be made is: what's the likely timeframe
> for getting Savannah deployed and useful for the Fedora community?  Is
> that time/cost worth it, or are we better off using one of the other
> options in which a lot of the infrastructure is done for us, but the
> backend isn't entirely open.
>
> "Fedora Infrastructure" has a huge amount of stuff swirling around it, and
> listening to Elliot talk, not nearly enough people who are able to work on
> all of it.

a lot of it is an issue of being able to commit to it. None of the items
are a release and walk away sort of thing and EVERYONE is busy. It's
rare to find someone who is experienced enough with opensource and/or
development infrastructure who doesn't already have all of their time
tasked out.

It's not like having more people will help. No one wants to bite off a
project that they'll have around their necks forever.

-sv