[fab] FESCo future

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 24 16:40:21 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 20:59 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Just FYI, the Fedora Extras Steering Commitee is now round about a year
> old and it's time for a rotations/some fresh blood and ideas. I proposed
> a rough plan for that in
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-April/msg01383.html
>
> The current plan is to let all extras packagers vote people that
> nominated theirself for FESCo. The nomination to a public list should
> include a section with a short mission statement with goals, objectives,
> etc.
>
> The plan is to let the newly elected FESCo elect the (new) chairman --
> or does the Fedora Board want to get /should be involved in that
> process, too?

I dont think the board needs to get involved with it other than watching
closely the discussions and results of the process. Considering that we
are still evolving the governance model and there is more questions than
answers with how the end result should look like even when applying
similar processes to the board itself, any direct involvement from the
board within FESCo wouldnt yield much benefits.

Rahul