[fab] dropping helix player from fc6

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 9 05:06:50 UTC 2006

Max Spevack wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Aug 2006, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>
>>> I thought it had been dropped.  It's up for Extras review at the moment.
>>
>> Yeah, it's gone.
>
> Excellent!  Sorry I missed it.
>
> --Max

We should have announced that we are dropping it and give room for
extras packagers to pick it up if they need it as a dependency of their
own packages.  Amarok in this case is depending on the Helix media
framework to play open formats. There seems to be a (broken) gstreamer
backend as a option too so thats a good choice when we fix things up.

Rahul