[fab] slashdot question -- driver support

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Thu Aug 10 13:44:23 UTC 2006

Tom 'spot' Callaway (tcallawa at redhat.com) said:
> > This response would warrant some spin cleanup, but how about something
> > along the lines of:
> > - RH has strong established relationships with the major IHVs and we
> > work closely with them for Linux hardware enablement.  These vendors
> > recognize the importance of community involvement through Fedora as a
> > means of helping to ensure robust operation.
>
> Examples?

/me looks at certain other board members...

We work with the major hardware vendors (Dell, HP, IBM, more that I'm sure
I'm forgetting) to make sure that any machines they want to run Linux on are
working to the fullest extent possible; if their latest machines aren't
working right, we work with them to fix it (and often they send us patches).

I don't have *specifics* of patches, but we could certainly dig them up.

Bill