[fab] final rough draft

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Tue Aug 15 17:09:24 UTC 2006

Max Spevack wrote:
> =========================
>
> 3) What's changed?
> (Score:5, Interesting)
> by KDan
>
> You mention that opinions are rooted in the world of 5 years ago. What do
> you think has changed in the linux world since then, and how does it
> affect Fedora development?

I am under the impression that this question was more about the "dark
age" where we really screwed up our communication and priorities in our
relationship with the community with RHLP and Fedora at the beginning.
Maybe the timeframe of "5 years" is off, but this is a key
misunderstanding out in the community that continues to haunt us no
matter what progress we have made since these initial missteps.

My thought is, the response sounds too much like generalized fluff when
we should be attacking the question directly of how we've learned from
our mistakes in launching a community project, what we've managed to
build, and how we continue to improve?

I might be completely off base, I dunno.

Warren