[sundaram at fedoraproject.org: Re: [fab] [Fwd: What is the mkisofs license?]]

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 23 13:30:14 UTC 2006

Thomas Woerner wrote:

> Please have a look at the openmotif license. I do not think, that this
> is really a problem:
>
> --- excerpt ---
> 2. GRANT OF RIGHTS
> The rights granted under this license are limited solely to distribution
> and sublicensing of the Contribution(s) on, with, or for operating
> systems which are themselves Open Source programs. Contact The Open
> Group for a license allowing distribution and sublicensing of the
> Original Program on, with, or for operating systems which are not Open
> Source programs.
> --- excerpt ---

This particular platform restriction makes it incompatible with OSI
guidelines on open source as the openmotif FAQ itself clearly states.
The Fedora packaging guidelines require that packages with either a Free
software license as defined by FSF or a OSI certified open source license.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines

Openmotif fits neither.

Rahul