[fab] Re: openmotif

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Aug 29 16:25:45 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 11:01 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Rex Dieter wrote:

> >> OK, I'll give it shot.
> >
> > done, though someone (thanks giallu), beat me to the punch:
> > http://204.2.109.48/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3878#3878
>
> So, if openmotif doesn't change their licensing soon, who can/will pull
> the trigger to remove openmotif from Fedora?

It needs to be done, as openmotif doesn't meet the OSI or FSF
guidelines, which is what Fedora uses for inclusion criteria.

Removing openmotif entirely will almost certainly break the following
apps in Fedora (Core and Extras):

cernlib
cmucl
ddd (may work with lesstif2)
fbida
geomview
gpsd
grace (may work with lesstif?)
Inventor
mesa-libGLw
nedit
tetex-xdvi (can use xaw instead)
xlockmore
xpdf

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Technical Team Lead || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!