[fab] Re: openmotif

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 29 16:59:55 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 August 2006 12:41, Rahul wrote:
>> Yes.
>>
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2006-August/msg00081.htm
>
> This mail has absolutely no info regarding why a package would be acceptable
> for Extras when it isn't acceptable for Core.  This disturbs me greatly.  If
> the license isn't good enough for core, it shouldn't be in Extras either.

I am not even sure you read the mail in context.

As I mentioned in the above mail, moving the openmotif package and it's
Fedora Core dependencies to extras as a intermediate step would allow
community contributors to fix things. For example, ddd can be made to
work with lesstif instead of openmotif.

The alternative method is to drop openmotif and all its Fedora Core and
Extras dependencies and disrupt end users. Which one do you think is better?

Rahul