Re: [fab] Non-free repository

On 8/29/06, Tom 'spot' Callaway <tcallawa redhat com> wrote:
On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 11:58 -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> > > None of the packages altered or dropped from Fedora Core so far meet
> > > either the OSI or FSF guidelines. Openmotif and its dependencies in
> > > Fedora Core dont. Few others like lha listed in the last audit update
> > > mail probably isnt OSI compliant either.
> > >

> Senses the new repository fedora-nonfree-but-mostly-distributable coming shape.

I don't think Fedora wants to do this (or lend its name to something
like this). Either it meets the OSI/FSF guidelines, or it doesn't.

Well the name was a better idea than the

fedora-why-the-crap-did-we-ship-this-before

which is a temp repository for packages that are being 'demoted' from
core+extras until such time as they get fixed.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Technical Team Lead || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!