Re: Fedora Freedom?

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
On 12/5/06, David Zeuthen <davidz redhat com> wrote:
On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 18:32 -0500, Warren Togami wrote:
> I propose that we call the Fedora universe collection "Fedora Freedom".

-1 mainly because it sounds so.. self-righteous.

I agree on that.. for some reason it sounds to me grasping.. I think
it would take a Steve Jobs or Mark Shuttleworth to pull it off without
sounding pretensious, self-riteous, and fake. And in their case, it
would still sound that way, but people would buy it because well SJ/MS
hang out with rock stars and fly into space when they want.

Oh come on. This can't be anywhere near as pretentious as "Masters of the Universe" used by Ubuntu.

Fedora is one of the last remaining major defenders of Freedom in FOSS. - Ubuntu ships GPL violating proprietary kernel drivers.
- Novell sold their soul to the devil and betrayed the community.

The Fedora collection contains everything that is free as in liberty. It is comprised of freedom. So why not call it that?

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com