Re: fedora 7 schedule (was Re: Fedora 7 planing)

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006, Max Spevack wrote:

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

January 02 is probably to hard to reach, so we should cut one cycle from four to three weeks. Which one? test3 maybe?

We talked about this in the Board meeting this morning.

Here was the proposal we came up with (modified for a Tuesday release, not a Monday release), working backward:

RH Summit	May 9-11
Release	April 24 (exactly 6 months after FC6)
Gold		April 17
Test3		March 27
Test2		February 27
FudCon	February 9-11 (including hackfest)
Test1		January 30

Not a lot of slip time in there (at least, not with the RH Summit as a target).

Comments?

For example, Jesse, if you want to work in some mini-freezes, it should be pretty reasonable for you to take a schedule like this and just decide when you want them, right?

--Max