Re: fedora 7 schedule (was Re: Fedora 7 planing)

On 12/13/06, seth vidal <skvidal linux duke edu> wrote:
And so the 4th option which no one loves is:
   4. slip and hope that we can get the newer one fixed.

Does that sum up a lot of what happens when fedora slips a release?

The fact is we need to plan on being flexible.  Rigid rules will not
work with our current release methods.  As long as we're smart about
what's going on during the test cycles we'll be in good shape.  I
think it would also be good to give 2 or 3 people veto power during
the test freezes so that if feature X will cause a huge issue there's
not a time-wasting argument about whether or not it gets in.  It'll
just have to wait until a later release or an update.

           -Mike