mailing-list reorganisation

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Wed Dec 13 19:38:05 UTC 2006

Dennis Gilmore (dennis at ausil.us) said:
>   fedora-advisory-board
>   fedora-advisory-board-readonly
>   fedora-board-list
> Should we merge the board-list to fab list?

No.

>   fedora-announce-list
>   Fedora-maintainers-announce
>   Fedora-directory-announce
>   Fedora-legacy-announce
> Lets merge all the announge lists to one.  If need be people can filter

I have no idea what maintainers-announce is for, but it's unlikely
that it's the same purpose as fedora-announce.

>   fedora-devel-list
>   fedora-devel-java-list
>   Fedora-perl-devel-list
>   Fedora-r-devel-list
>   Fedora-directory-devel
>   fedora-test-list
>   fedora-extras-list
>   Fedora-relnotes-content
>   Fedora-packaging
> merge all the devel lists into one

Why? Shouldn't separate SIGs, such as perl or java, have their own
list? Moreover, the directory server list is the *upstream* development
list - it shouldn't be merged.

>   fedora-cvs-commits
>   fedora-extras-commits
>   Fedora-eclipse-commits
>   Fedora-directory-commits
> lets merge all cvs commits to one list.  i can always filter ones i dont want
> out.

Again, you want to separate upstream lists (directory) from Fedora
lists.

>   Fedora-trans-ar
>   Fedora-trans-bn
>   Fedora-trans-bn_in
>   Fedora-trans-el
>   Fedora-trans-hi
>   Fedora-trans-ja
>   Fedora-trans-list
>   Fedora-i18n-list
> Do we really need a translation list and a i18n list?

One is i18n, one is l10n.

Bill