Re: mailing-list reorganisation

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
Hi All,

we discussed the "to many mailinglists" problem now and then in the
past. Most of us are annoyed by it, so here is a proposed cleanup. Comments?

== Remove ==

=== fedora-packaging-list ===

Packaging is important to all package maintainers. Everyone should get
involved in the discussions and at least see the topics being discussed,
thus do it directly on fedora-maintainers. Use a special tag like
"[packaging]" to mark them if needed.

=== fedora-buildsys-list ===

It's quite a quiet list -- maybe we should leave it open for now until
the plague/brew and VCS stuff is worked out, and then simply continue on
fedora-devel.

=== fedora-extras-list ===

We should get rid of it when core merges with extras. Discuss the stuff
on fedora-devel in the future.

=== fedora-test-list ===

A lot of people don't get the difference between fedora-devel and
fedora-test list. And testing is a crucial part of the devel process,
thus lets drop the test-list.

We have plans to post automated test suite results to the fedora-test list on a daily basis once it is setup. I am not sure whether the traffic for a merged list would be in a approachable level.

Rahul