Re: fedora 7 schedule (was Re: Fedora 7 planing)

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 04:26:46PM -0500, Christopher Blizzard wrote:

 > But wrt this particular issue, I see it largely as a question of
 > support.  Talking with Brian Stevens, Stein and Tim B they brought up
 > the suggestion of breaking it out into its own rpm and making it Red
 > Hat's responsibility - not yours.  Keep things moving and if supporting
 > Xen is really important then these guys will step up to the plate and
 > carry it themselves.

That does seem sensible.  In fact, at one stage, we *did* do things this way.
There was a separate kernel-xen package, and I never had to worry about it.
Concerns grew however about fixes going into one kernel package but not
the other.

 > They certainly can't make it _your_ problem without backing you with the
 > proper resources to handle it.

I'd have loved to have heard that 18 months ago.
We might fix this issue, but I want to be sure it doesn't happen again.
When the next "must have" half-baked not-upstream feature comes along,
I'm seriously going to be pushing back a lot harder than I have done in the past.

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk