Re: Fedora release lifecyle

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 17:04, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> If we are not planning on having Fedora as a stable server, we should
> not release a server variant. If we are going to do desktop and server
> variants, we should put some incrementally more effort into actually
> have something useful in each of these variants rather than just a
> different bunch of packages and stop going back and forth on what we are
> trying to do. I do agree that we should find some middle ground but I
> dont we have that already with the existing plan.

A server spin isn't necessarily for somebody to go out and base critical apps
on the spin.  It's a way of composing the distro that might make sense for
somebody doing server like tasks, and looking at Fedora as a precursor to the
next RHEL.  And see Bill's email that just came in (:

Release Engineer: Fedora