Re: fedora 7 schedule (was Re: Fedora 7 planing)

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 20:26, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> I don't know of anything we've added that's required a new enough kernel
> to that extent between releases. I know we have stuff that won't run, say,
> 2.6.9 on FC6, but I think 2.6.17, for example, works.

Trying to deal with kmods when you have two alternative different versioned
kernels is going to be... fun.  Even more fun than kmods themselves.  Thus
far, Extras does allow for kmods, against my very vocal yelling, so if we're
going to go down the path of alternative kernels it's something we need to
consider.

Release Engineer: Fedora